In a desperate craving for banana bread – Jon whipped a loaf of this delicious banana bread up for me last week. We may have eaten half that night and the other half the next morning. Just delicious. So simple. So good. We found it on all recipes but made a few adjustments.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature (or melted if necessary)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (option)
- 3 medium bananas, mashed (or pureed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- With mixer, mash or puree bananas, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth.
- Fold in the sour cream, walnuts and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
We also made muffins with the same recipe and it needed about 18 minutes in the oven.