Spiced Yam Chips Recipe with Lime Yogurt Dip (adapted from eat make read)
The prefect gourmet snack idea for your healthy Super Bowl Recipes collection, these Spiced Yam Chips are just as tasty as they are good for you. Just 5 Points + gets you a nice serving of yam chips and dipping sauce!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 2” diameter, 5” long)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Zest from 1 lime
- Juice from ½ lime
- Non-fat cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To make the dipping sauce, mix the yogurt, sugar, lime juice and lime zest in a small bowl and set aside.
- Scrub, peel and thinly slice the sweet potatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, cumin, and cinnamon.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-fat cooking spray and lay the potatoes out on the sheet. Then spray the potatoes with the non-fat cooking spray.
- Gently sprinkle the potatoes with the ½ of spice mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes, spray with the non-fat cooking spray, and sprinkle with remaining spice mixture. Place back in the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are browned and crisped.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 2
Entire recipe makes 2 servings
Serving size is ½ of entire recipe
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 184 calories; 0g fat; 33g carbohydrates; 14g protein; 4g fiber