A family favourite… Well more of a Johnson family favourite than a Williams family favourite… It tastes good. I like orzo.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr 20 Min
Servings: 8 (side dish)
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) package baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound crumbled feta cheese *we prefer goat cheese*
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup pine nuts *cashews are also tasty*
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer orzo to a large bowl and stir in spinach, feta, onion, pine nuts, basil and white pepper. Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.