I am beginning my summer search for the perfect white wine sangria. I had an amazing one that I loved in summer 2009, and my life has never been the same…. And I never got the recipe. And I’ve never had one that’s been that good… I keep trying them and well, I’m searching for the best one. So, as I find and try them, I’ll post the recipes – but please, if you have a good one, send them my way!
Jon and I made white wine recently and bottled it just a few weeks ago, so the base of all these will be a Johannesburg Riesling. I don’t know if this matters to any of you… Who knows if any of my readers are wine connoisseurs. But who is kidding who, if you are a wine connoisseur, you are not bottling it yourself, and you aren’t making sangria out of it either… Anyways… Bring on the recipes!
Here’s the first I’m going to try:
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle white wine
- 1 cup peach schnapps
- 1/2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 nectarines, sliced
- 1 cup green or red grapes, whole or sliced (we think you get more flavor from them if they are sliced!)
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours. (we prefer to make it the night before to give the fruits a chance to really get all their flavor out!)
- Stir before serving!
Check out my pinterest for more recipes I’m going to try!
VERDICT: Absolutely delicious. I made a few changes as we tasted. Full can of frozen lemonade concentrate and then when pouring added some club soda in with the sangria to give a little fizz. I found it too sweet with the schnapps and wine and quite “concentrated” but I liked the tangyness of the extra lemonade…. So more lemonade and club soda. It also made the drink go further, but it also had less alcohol per serving. But it was oh-so-tasty!